LEVY Architects is an Austin-based Architectural, Interiors and Vision Building firm. Our work is exciting, award-winning, and multi-disciplinary. We recently created the brand Texas Contemporary; which uniquely defines our work. Our firm is dynamic, engaging, and growing.
We are actively seeking an Architect II / Project Manager to join our team of creative and passionate professionals full-time. The ideal candidate will have excellent technical (CAD) abilities and enjoy working in a small to mid-sized architectural environment with the opportunity to take on many responsibilities.
The Architect II will be responsible for the design and technical development of assigned projects, as well as the oversight and management for all phases of LEVY’s architectural services. Our clients are primarily commercial, medical, office, retail, and hospitality in nature.
- Produce and oversee multiple projects thru all phases of design; responsible for each independent project’s performance and quality
- Produce construction documents, specifications, and project manuals
- Ensure technical accuracy
- Assemble and edit specifications related to each project
- Develop and follow the project design schedule
- Develop and coordinate all disciplines and innovative building systems for each project
- Cultivate client relationships acting as the client liaison for all communication ensuring expectations are met and exceeded
- Organize, facilitate, and lead all project design meetings
- Consult with office Principals ensuring that design intentions, design schedule, financial responsibility, and client commitments are met
- Maintain project documentation and technical detailing utilizing industry best practice methods
- Conduct code analysis and be the primary point of contact with jurisdiction
- Ensure all designs meet building code and TAS requirements.
- Keep informed of all code changes
- Conform to the LEVY Document Management Manual and maintain overall quality control
- Collaborate with internal LEVY team members to implement client approved design and project objectives
- Stay updated on new building products, techniques, and materials related to the latest innovations in design
- Continually raise our office standard of design and be a steward of the built environment
- Registered Architect; recently licensed with at least 6-8 years of experience
- Proven background in translating design concepts into constructible solutions
- Experience with: commercial, medical, office, retail, and hospitality design work preferred
- Experience using AutoCAD and REVIT required
- Experience using Sketchup and the Adobe suite of applications preferred
- Experience writing technical project specifications; experience using MasterSpec is a plus
- LEED Certification and LEED Project Management experience preferred
- Exhibits a high level of leadership and communication skill both internally and externally
- Proven strength in construction detailing
- Able to excel in a collaborative team environment
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Health club membership
- Paid Time Off
- Paid enrollment in a professional industry organization of choice
Please submit your cover letter, resume, portfolio or samples of work, and three (3) references (including one from a client or previous employer if possible) to: Joni@ValentineHR.com.
Place LEVY Architect II / Project Manager in the subject line.